Donna Jo Coningsby is a member of the Patent Practice Group. She is a registered patent attorney whose practice focuses on intellectual property protection of computer-related technology, including software, hardware, communication and internet-based technologies, as well as technology in the mechanical and electrical fields. Donna’s focus is on providing quality patent preparation and prosecution services and counseling in related matters.
Donna graduated from the University of Rochester, New York with a Bachelor of Science, concentration in Mathematics. She pursued a career in computer programming with large corporations in the manufacturing, financial and insurance industries prior to attending Northeastern University School of Law in Massachusetts. After law school, Donna practiced as a public defender and legal services attorney in New York and clerked with the Alaska Superior Court in Anchorage, Alaska.
Donna is a former Chair of the Computer and Internet Law Section of the Oregon State Bar. She first joined the Portland office of BSTZ in 1999. From 2002-2003 she served as in-house counsel to Digeo, Inc., a digital entertainment technology company. She returned to BSTZ in 2006.
- Patent #: 7,088,321
- Method and Apparatus For Driving LED Light Sources For A Projection Display
- Patent #: 8,230,247
- Transferring Architectural Functions Of A Processor To A Platform Control Hub Responsive To The Processor Entering A Deep Sleep State
- Patent #: 7,631,196
- Method And Apparatus For Loading A Trustable Operating System
- Patent #: 7,929,959
- Service Provider Activation
- Patent #: 7,710,993
- Pseudo Wire Processing In A Packet Forwarding Device
- Patent #: 9,116,660
- Midplane for orthogonal direct connection
- Patent #: 8,977,626
- Indexing and searching a data collection
- Patent #: 9,118,642
- Asset streaming
- American Intellectual Property Law Association